Thursday, October 05, 2006

When souls drift - Part 4

The man who had gone inside to get Sanjeev then came out holding the hands of a young man in his early thirties. Looking at Raj, this man too rejoiced in utter surprise and joined his hands to welcome the celebrity.

“Oh Mr. Sardesai! I…I mean… you… what… please… please…come in. What a surprise!” the nervous fellow couldn’t say anything more than this.

“Sanjeev…Sanjeev Joshi, from the State Bank of India?” Raj wanted to be sure he was meeting the right person.

“Yes…I am Sanjeev Joshi. Please come in Sir, please sit here.” The nervousness continued.

Raj, without saying a word, kept on staring at the Sanjeev. Both the men were very astonished on seeing Rajendra Sardesai in front of them. Raj totally ignored the other fellow and sat on the couch, still looking at Sanjeev’s astonished face. He now breathed heavily and shook inside his suit.

“Sanju…wait I’ll call Rohan. Sir, Rohan is my son. 15 years old…Sir. My family would love to meet you...Sir” Sanjeev’s neighbor was about to step out of the house.

“Excuse me…wait…Mister…!” Raj stopped the excited man.

“Prakash Sharma…Sir” the man introduced himself.

“Mr. Sharma, I am really honored by your respect, but you see I have come to meet Sanjeev here. I would surely love to meet your family but…” looking hesitantly at Sanjeev he said “…but could you please…please leave us alone for some time. It’s very important.”

This statement shook both the neighbors. Sharma was stunned that a man like Rajendra Sardesai had something important to share with a middle-class man like Sanjeev Joshi. On the other hand, Sanjeev was not only shocked but a bit intimidated. The enthusiasm was suddenly crushed and the trio went silent for a few seconds.

“Sure Sir…I will leave, but please don’t go without meeting me and my family Sir. It’s not everyday that people like us get to meet a personality like you…Sir.” Prakash almost bent on his knees as if he could fall at Raj’s feet any moment. A slight wave at Sanjeev and Mr. Sharma hurried out of the door.

Raj looked at Sanjeev and said “Could we please close the door!”

“Oh yes sure, sure!” Sanjeev hurriedly shut the main door. By now he was literally perspiring with fear and excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home