Monday, February 13, 2006

The Man, The Machine, The Material - Part - I
Hello World! This is my first ever blog and I thank you very much for being here.My views and my ideas! Well, everyone thinks highly of his mindset, his views, and his ideologies. Nothing wrong in it cause that's the most effective way to boost your own self-esteem. If I think high of ever little thing I do, I naturally give that sense of 'I' to self. But there's something deep to this thought. Questions arise and fall. Senses are touched and even before I think of "Achievement", the first question pops up, "Where am I going and without whom?".

Today's world is literally getting smaller and smaller. People communicate without any bounds.
The physical self of a human being is the only communication limit that the world holds. Even
that will be solved sooner or later. The globalisation hurricane worked as good old 'Santa Claus'
for millions of people all around the world. New employment oppoertunities opened up. Dreams
started taking shape into reality. Money became a secondary need for billions. The 'achievement' feeling which used to be a pensioner's dream started being a teenager's reality. Now the bar of fulfilment was raised from 'Power' to 'Prestige', from 'money' to 'material', from 'success' to 'I'.... 'I', the eternal signature of EGO.

I belong to this clan of young enthusiasts who have many many things to give, but not share.
Young minds start thinking about making a separate identity as soon as possible. But for us
separate identity doesnot mean making a mark. It means separating from that clan of loved ones who gave their whole life just to make us stand. These not only include our parents, but even those people, such as our friends, who unfortunately couldn't make it upto that level which makes us proud to be what we are today. I have seen/met people who feel that their monetary
'assistance' to their family is limited till their parents retire and have their provident funds,
Life Insurances in their hands. Ironically, the same parents support this view. The moment a
child (boy or girl) crosses 18 he is seen hearing statements such as "We want him/her to be
independent. After that they can take care of their family. It's okay if our child doesn't hand
over a single penny after settling down. all that we want is his/her happiness." This thought
itself is very serene. The emotions are pure. But now the idea has been seeded. "Just a few years and I'll be free!" and what does freedom mean! It means gathering of all those wants that have always been a dream. Our parents, family, "TRUE" friends hold credit to what we are. Their dreams seem to be hindrances to our materuialistic attitude. The Ego springs up. "I" work hard. "I" am making money. "I" need this right away. Snazzy outfits, latest gadgets, Overseas attractions, a duplex, a classy car; all are dreams, not needs. This realisation never comes up and when it probably does, its time to say Good Bye to that one person who waited, not for your classy car drive, but a few moments of warmth. They might gossip, they might quarrel, they might love, they might laugh, cry, sigh. What's important for them is that they are heard. The most expensive bottle of wine isn't what your old friends expect from you. They expect that hand over their shoulder, a hearty laugh in the alley and a cup of tea that might have cost you just a few pennies. In all these relationships, the material doesn't matter, but you do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home